Suppose you are doing an online based business, you have started an e-commerce store. You are getting traffic from social media and paid adds but organically from the search engine, you are getting nothing. When in this world almost billions of searches are performed on search engines then why your blog is not getting any sort of traffic from search engines?
The reason for it is SEO. SEO refers to search engine optimization. So, what you have to understand is that there are different parts of doing proper SEO of a website.
Hello everyone, this is Arpit Rana from learnsomebusiness.com and today I am going to tell you the basic steps you need to take to rank your website.
I will try to breakdown the SEO from beginning to end and all the methods I will write here are totally free and your website will rank definitely by using them.
- Keyword Research
- Structuring of blog
- Content Writing
If you do these things properly, your website will definitely rank.
So, now how to do these things for a proper SEO.
SEO for beginners free techniques
This is the most basic but most effective way to rank your blog.
- Sitemaps- First of all, you have to submit sitemap of your website. Although Google also does submit sitemaps by itself nobody knows when. So, what I suggest is that submit the sitemaps all by yourself. Also, don’t submit sitemap only in google but submit sitemaps in as much as search engines that you can. What you can do is either manually submit sitemaps. Here are the instructions on doing it for Google-
Go to Google Webmaster Tools
Sign in there. Select your website.
On left click Crawl. Then click on Sitemaps.
Click on the Add/Test Sitemap button in the top right.
Enter sitemap_index.xml into the text box that appears.
You can also use various plugins to get your sitemaps to be submitted.
- Keyword research- Well, this is I think one of the most important things for SEO. You need the right keyword. So, which keyword should you target? Well, I suggest you go to google keyword planner and choose keywords with least competition and high traffic volume. If you need more help in doing so, submit your email id here I will personally mail you the solution.
3. Structuring of Blog- For it just install yoast seo plugin free version and do whatever it says to do. That’s it.
4. Content writing- Install grammarly in your browser, that’s it. It is free and it will automatically tell you grammatical mistakes and help you in improving the mistakes by suggesting proper word. Also, try to write posts of more than 1,000 words. For ranking atleast write 600+ words post. I highly suggest you to write over 1000 words post.
5. Backlinking- This is the hardest part of SEO, backlinking is tough. So, what should you do? First of all, share your blog or website link in different forums ( related to your niche). Also, contact some fellow bloggers for a backlink. You can also submit your website in different online directories. If you made some good quality backlinks that way your website will rank. You can also try guest posting. You can even guest post in my blog, just submit a request in the comment section. I will mail you the details for the guest post.
Is backlinking important? For ranking on top positions yes, it is the deciding factor. But for just sake of ranking in a low competition niche, you can rank without backlink but still, I suggest you rank at a better position and make some good quality backlinks. In the next article of this blog, I will explain to you the best way to make backlinks.
I will also bring an advanced method which will help you to rank on page 1 and even in 1st position. But before that apply these basic tricks and share results here in the comment section.